BACKUP for Life
It’s common for police officers transitioning from successful careers with the NSW Police Force to face a broad range of challenges when returning to civilian life, and these challenges can often impact both the individual and their families.
In 2016, the NSW Government and NSW Police Legacy joined forces to develop the BACKUP for Life program, specifically to assist former police officers as they transition back to civilian life. BACKUP for Life offers counselling services, mentorship programs, workshops, and financial assistance. To find out more about any of these, please click the links below the video.
BACKUP for Life Services
- Counselling and Referral Program
- Ernst Meyer: Psychotherapist
- Career Development Incentives
- Mentoring Program
- Retired Police ID Card
- Workshops and Training
BACKUP for Life Events & Workshops
- 1 November: BACKUP for Life Expo - Rosehill Racecourse
- 13-15 November: Holistic Health & Wellbeing / Career Confidence Workshops - Albury
- 3-6 December: WorkSafe Career Transition Program
BACKUP for Life Reports
BACKUP for Life: In the Media
If you have any further questions, or to contact BACKUP for Life directly, please call (02) 9264 4531.