BACKUP for Life Counselling and Referral Program
The NSW Police Legacy BACKUP for Life Counselling & Referral Program is a confidential and free service for former NSW police officers and their immediate families.
What does it cover?
This service can help you and your immediate family with any of the broad range of challenges you may face when transitioning into a civilian lifestyle.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship and family problems
- Grief and bereavement
- Career transition
- Sleep and physical well-being
- Substance misuse and gambling
- Building emotional resilience
This service is provided by an independent, professional organisation. The counsellors are all qualified, experienced professionals who have extensive training and experience in short term counselling. Counsellors are located and available across Australia.
This service is specifically for former NSW police officers and their immediate families. This includes your spouse or partner and your children.
You can access this service in two ways:
- Self-referral: Call BACKUP for Life to make an appointment 02 9264 4531
- Encouraged referrals: Family, BACKUP for Life Mentors and friends can encourage you to make use of this service
All counselling sessions are strictly confidential. No information is shared about you with anyone unless authorised by you in writing, or if required under law.
The counselling service is free of charge and all matters discussed with a counsellor are strictly confidential.
The counselling service provides short term, professional and confidential counselling:
- Face to face
- Online via secure video link