BACKUP for Life Mentoring Program
The BACKUP for Life Mentors Program will consist of former officers and immediate family members who volunteer to take on this role. A mentor is an experienced and trusted advisor with lived experience.
What do Mentors do?
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues
- Give appropriate initial help and support to someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide empathy and support
- Facilitate pathways to professional help
- Mentors will also engage in regular professional supervision and attend annual professional development sessions
- Submission of an EOI
- Interview with EOI Panel
- Appropriate professional standards clearance
- Invitation to attend a BACKUP for Life Mentor Training Course
- Successful completion of the BACKUP for Life Mentor Training
You can download an EOI form below:Download
Once you have completed your form (or if you have any questions), please email: email@example.comBackup homepage